CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby, it is cold outside

This last weekend my dad came home because Kara became a lieutenant in the United States Army!!! And graduated from college on sat, what accomplishments!!! It was a good weekend, I had a really long day at work on Friday, so after I went to my mom's to shoot the stuff. She is always makes me feel better after rotten days. Then on Saturday morning Brandon, my parents, the kids, and I went to see Santa at camp St. Croix. It was fun, but we almost didn't get Hunter out the door. Brandon made the mistake of telling Hunter that he (Hunter) was scared of Santa, so much that Hunter started to believe him and didn't want to see Santa. So, then when Brandon realized that he shouldn't have said anything he told Hunter that we needed to go see him because they were going to beat him up- isn't that horrible- but it worked so then Hunter wanted to go. Men, I will never understand their testosterone! Needless to say that by the time Hunter saw Santa he had forgotten that he was there to beat him up0- thank goodness. And both Hunter and Lexi asked for the "appropriate" gifts from Santa, just like I had coached them too!!!- makes my life easier. Now, if I can just get all the presents wrapped in time.

After visiting Santa my dad came and Jackie and Jamie came over and we had a very nice Christmas meal and opening of presents. My dad is such an amazingly good cook, sometimes I think he missed his calling.

Then after eating myself into a coma, I decided it is probably time to start concentrating on my body again. So, yesterday I hit the Y and went over to my mom's for dinner with the kids. It was a good evening. The drive home from her house was cold and the roads were not the greatest. But again proved that Lexi is diffidently my worrier. "Mom, keep both hands on the wheel, don't you think you are going to fast, Hunter be quiet, mom needs to concentrate, I don't like the winter!" She also was able to repeat what the forecast would be for the next four days, when she watches the weather on TV- I don't know.

Brandon is doing well after his big V on Thursday. A little swollen but able to move and help out with the kids. His back is not in the best of working condition but much much better then a few weeks ago. He actually vacuumed yesterday- amazing. I think we will leave 2008 on a good note.

Oh, yeah, I got really positive review at work on Thursday, God must have known I needed a pick me up and my co-workers ;).

I think Brook is teething again, she is a drooling machine and I noticed today that her gum is swollen and actually bruised- poor thing. Of course we are still fighting runny noses- pretty much sure we will until June.

Today, Brandon and I were laying in bed and didn't really want to get out of the warm covers quite yet so we sent Hunter to wake up Lexi for school. He was so cute, he tried everything for kissing her, to yelling at her, to singing her a song- what a good little man.

I amazed at how much Lexi is reading, she is really getting it, which of course I was nervous about since I struggle so much when I was younger, with it.

Back to my ten minute list:

Things that scare me:

Snakes, snakes, and snakes. I often have dreams that snakes are crawling all over my skin. My heart starts pumping just thinking of them. Weirdly, when I first met Brandon his roommate had a snake and I wanted to impress him so I kissed the snake, man that took alot.

Another thing that I am scared of is forgetting all day that I have another patient. So, all day I tend to my other patients and at 2:30 right before I leave I realize I have not even looked at this person. Oh man that would terrible.

But most of all I am scared that something could happen to the children. I worry that we could be in car accident or one of them would get a terrible life-threatening disease. I don't know how I would live without one of them, tears come to my eyes even thinking of such a thing. In fact, I can't write more on this.

Until next time...

1 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Oh my gosh! I don't even recognize Hunter, much less Brooklyn. I haven't seen her since Owen's Benefit when she was just a little snuggle bug! Crazy how they grow up so quick :) See you at Christmas!